 Color / *1279 (-20)
  Re: What is Bley???

(...) Bley is the newer grey color that has been used by the LEGO Group. It's more bluish than the previous grey, hence the name "bley." The grey color changed a few years ago without notice, and is disliked not because of the color itself (I like (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  What is Bley???

Hi everyone! Humor me--I am somewhat new here, and I am not attempting to rekindle anything ugly. (I am, by nature, a peaceful person.) What is Bley? And why is it so disliked? (Please, only calm responses. Like I said--I'm somewhat new, mostly (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.color, FTX) !

  Re: LEGO® SpongeBob SquarePants new sets

(...) Well, I give parts in the new colors away to my mother-in-law's 3rd grade class, so any bley is a total loss. (I do throw it in with a bulk bucket so they can actually build with it.) I'm willing to eat a few pieces, but not more than say, 10% (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jan-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: LEGO® SpongeBob SquarePants new sets

(...) I'm curious. How much is too much bley? Allister (18 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.licensed.spongebob, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: First MOC after quite a while of frustration...

(...) Hello Nathan, thanks for posting your kind words! But I fear that castle would lead to even more frustration due to blay + grey castle walls. Whenever LEGO decides, that the market requests are too strong to ignore them, I I will gladly buy 20 (...) (18 years ago, 29-Nov-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: Missing parts for NXT Kit

(...) Hey Brian, I noticed the same thing too. I opened up one of the NXT electronic parts in MLCAD, and I found that the reason for that high reflectiveness (I think) is that the piece actually has the "Chrome" color. If you change it to the "real" (...) (18 years ago, 3-Sep-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Missing parts for NXT Kit

I noticed when I rendered the white NXT parts in Povray they show up as being metallic, with mirror-like reflections of everything around them. (18 years ago, 2-Sep-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Missing parts for NXT Kit

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message news:J4xpLs.C68@lugnet.com... (...) I found some strange yellow liftarms in an order from a BL seller, fortunately, I'm prototyping models in technic, so I'll be able to use them (...) (18 years ago, 2-Sep-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Missing parts for NXT Kit

(...) That's possible - I don't have any lt stone to compare. It does look lighter than my very lt grey parts, but that may be a feature of lt stone. Anyway here it is next to white: (URL) (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Missing parts for NXT Kit

(...) I think that color is "light stone", not white. But I don't have any confirmation. (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Missing parts for NXT Kit

(...) My problem with NXT inventories is that the "white" parts in my set have a very distinct bluish or violet tinge, and I'm not sure if this is a new colour or just more bad colour control issues. Has anyone else noticed this? FUT .color ROSCO (18 years ago, 1-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.color)

  Rims of the Ferrari 8:1 (8674)

Hello to you all, Have you noticed the strange coloring of the rims of the 8674 Ferari race car? The rims are stone gray or blueish light gray. The outer side, which you see when looking at the wheel does have an aluminium colored paint. the inside (...) (18 years ago, 9-Aug-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.color)

  Re: Viking Fortress Colour Oddity

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:J3HB0L.410@lugnet.com... (...) How about phoning TLG up and giving them the "I got the wrong color grey in my set, can I get them replaced?" This would be a good indication of how fast they (...) (18 years ago, 5-Aug-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Viking Fortress Colour Oddity

(...) The first ones I noticed were in Knight's Kingdom sets (8875), with a mix of greys. All of the 1x8 bricks were in old grey, while the remainder of the pieces was new grey. Since then I've noted the discrepancy in a few sets, although I don't (...) (18 years ago, 4-Aug-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Viking Fortress Colour Oddity

(...) You remember how the Bonus Box sets all had way more left side wings, or right-side wedges or whatever? I think it's like that, the bases and the lids are probably produced separately. (18 years ago, 4-Aug-06, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Viking Fortress Colour Oddity

Hi, I sorted a: [LEGOSet 7019] ...and oddly, the treasure chest had an old brown base, and a new brown lid. Weird. First time I've noticed a mix of old and new in a set, but also odd in that it would seem that treasure chests and treasure chest lids (...) (18 years ago, 4-Aug-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.vikings, FTX)

  I feel Blue

I have been objective to the standard part colour combinations from TLG for a few years now. This post is not a bashing of new greys or browns. Axles have always been black, so to friction pins. Many parts have always been produced in few colours. (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.color, lugnet.parts, FTX) !!

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) Victory! I used this method to get the stone colors, and everything is turning out right. In conclusion, here are the three stone hex numbers: Dark Stone Gray: 0x02635F61 Medium Stone Gray: 0x02A3A2A4 Light Stone Gray: 0x02E5E4DE I've been (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) That's correct. The "next version" of L3P will support it, as far as I know, but it's impossible to say when that will be out. LDView does support it, and LDGLite might. However, the current L3P does support 12-bit dithered colors 24-bit color (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

  Re: Using Stone Colors in LDraw/MLCAD

(...) I'm pretty certain l3p doesn't recognise bley (or ldconfig.ldr) unfortunately. Tim (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.color)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact