Re: Courtesy. ( WAS Re: The Wanderer...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:21:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Kyle Peterson writes:

This really applies to everyone....

What *good* does it do anybody to even post a negative reply to anything?

Well said. See also Larry's reply - I agree with his post as well.

Sure, we all like to hear good things about our work. It makes us feel good,
and prompts us to make more. But a coin with only one side isn't much of a
coin. Pointing out perceived/potential flaws and offering suggestions on how to
remedy them can just as well prompt more and better work, which leads to more
good comments, and so on.

Slinging insults will just get you tossed off the wagon, as it were. But that
brings us to the whole toss him/don't toss him issue, which I feel...
...strangely compelled to avoid. (now Where did I read that recently...)
Thus,
<comments on rules, their breakage, and the consequences snipped>

In Kevin's case, I couldn't get through 2 pages of the comic, but I applaud
his creativity and time spent to that particular project.

Back to the second side of the coin here, it's coming up missing. I'm curious
what you might have to say here; was it just not your cup of tea? was it too
much bandwidth-wise? did the interface cause problems? (not news there, I have
to decide just how crucial it is to retain it) too "genre"? or?  Please
elaborate.
I can't make it better if I don't hear where the problems might be.

Need we fear that Larry's nightmare vision of cotton candyland may already have
come to pass? Surely not.

Cheers,
KMaynes