Re: The Wanderer, an online image-novella.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 07:40:40 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Bryan Buckley writes:

<much bile, rudeness, and abuse from Bryan Buckley snipped>

Whoah, I turn my back for a few hours and look what happens! A Fray!

I was undecided for a while about how, or indeed, whether to respond to this
post. I figure I'll give it a shot.

Bryan,

I was looking forward to a little dissent when I started to read your post,
but alas I was only to be disappointed. "You suck" is hardly a useable
critique. It's really unfortunate you couldn't be more articulate. I
encourage you to try again, only this time look at the Wanderer piece within
its own context, as a genre piece of comicbook entertainment, and only a
small slice of a larger whole at that. Pick out specific elements that
bother you, elaborate on why they do, and offer reasoned suggestions on how
they might have been made better. If you CAN'T do that, well, you're pretty
much useless to me.
I hope to hear from you in a more articulate and helpful way soon.

(who knows, you might even be able to redeem yourself in the eyes of your CW
compatriots, and cut off that particular brouhaha in its tracks!)

Cheers,
KMaynes