Subject:
Courtesy. ( WAS Re: The Wanderer, an online image-novella.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:48:33 GMT

This really applies to everyone....

What *good* does it do anybody to even post a negative reply to anything?
Sure, you're entitled to your opinion, but sometimes your opinion is better
kept quiet.
Why not go tell your friend that they are ugly, or tell your teacher that
he/she is stupid? I mean, its your opinion? Right?

Fact is, nobody enjoys being criticized (or even insulted), even if its
necessary. Doing this often, and impolitely; will land you alienated from
your friends, and possibly even society.

In the case of CastleWorld, and even LUGNET; the founding members set up
guidelines for everyone to follow. We all agree to these guidelines each
time we post a message! If we end up breaking these guidelines, it should
result in disciplinary action, and even banishment. How can anyone even
argue otherwise?

If one steals a car and gets caught, they go to jail. If I come into work
without meeting dress code requirements, I get sent home(maybe fired if I
keep doing it).

Same is the case within this community. Once a person's disruptive behavior
and lack of acknowledgement for the rules, outweighs his/hers contribution
to the community, they should be dealt with. This is only fair- to preserve
the integrity of the remaining community.

In Kevin's case, I couldn't get through 2 pages of the comic, but I applaud
his creativity and time spent to that particular project.

"Anyone can award you free speech. It's how you harness it that makes the
you great."

-Kyle

Wow!  I am SO against this move I almost don't have words to describe how I
feel.
-- but I am not sure that tactlessness should equal banishment from CW (and
by this I presume you mean that Bryan's site was formerly listed on the CW
website and now is not), and I certainly have to question ANYONE's
"administrative" right to do such a thing even if CW were a coherently
organized group (which I believe it essentially IS NOT and this is one of
the reasons I like it). ....but I am not sure I want to throw him out of CW.
And I am really not sure that anyone has the authority to do this even if we
all wanted it done -- when
did this come up for discussion?