Re: The Wanderer, an online image-novella.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:32:49 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Nathan McDowell writes:
Your lack of maturity and continuing negative influence on the community
has lead me to remove you from Castle World.

Wow!  I am SO against this move I almost don't have words to describe how I
feel.

I haven't read the material under discussion (i.e. "The Wanderer"), nor have
a seen enough of Bryan's negative posts to be pointedly annoyed with him --
but I DO SEE that in this case Bryan tried to make coherent criticisms and
not just bash the writer of the story. Yes, Bryan might well have found a
much nicer way of getting his opinion across -- but I am not sure that
tactlessness should equal banishment from CW (and by this I presume you mean
that Bryan's site was formerly listed on the CW website and now is not), and
I certainly have to question ANYONE's "administrative" right to do such a
thing even if CW were a coherently organized group (which I believe it
essentially IS NOT and this is one of the reasons I like it).

I think anyone choosing to associate with the members of CW should be
welcomed regardless of how rough hewn they might be -- if the edges of the
person must needs be softened, let us do so by example and not by
heavy-handed censoring from "on high." And Nathan, I am not really
contesting what you have said about Bryan, but rather what you have averred
you may do in this context as administrator of CW (which to my mind is
largely a figurehead position).

Bryan could use some lessons in socializing better via the internet, but I
am not sure I want to throw him out of CW.  And I am really not sure that
anyone has the authority to do this even if we all wanted it done -- when
did this come up for discussion?

-- Hop-Frog (the strange)