Re: Courtesy. ( WAS Re: The Wanderer...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:29:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Kyle Peterson writes:
This really applies to everyone....
What *good* does it do anybody to even post a negative reply to anything?

But a coin with only one side isn't much of a coin. Pointing out perceived/potential flaws and offering suggestions on how to
remedy them can just as well prompt more and better work, which leads to more
good comments, and so on.

I should specify that by "negative" I mean negative "sounding" or a negative
"tone".
In my book, constructive criticism *is* a postive reply. Throwing out every
available cuss word and insult, is a negative reply.
I'm just not using the word "negative" its its strictest sense, I suppose.

In regards to The Wanderer comic:
The navigation is what bothered me the most. I would have just made the
original page a lot bigger and skipped the enlarging feature for each frame.
It's a lot easier to scroll down to read the comic, than to have to click to
view each frame; and hit the "back" button continuiously. I'm being picky
because I am a web designer/developer and navigation is a key part of
designing a web site.

I'm not a big fan of Ninja to begin with so between that and the navigation
I stopped at the second page.

I must say that I do love the concept. Turning simple dioramic pictures into
a comic-style story adds quite a bit to the project. I noticed Wilson? has
started to do this too with his stories of Vincent Gage? (sorry, memory not
so good). I'd love to do this as well, but my time is so limited; I'd have
no time to go through each frame and *add* in the text and effects. Which is
why I can appreciate what you and others are accomplishing.

"Cotton Candyland?" The first thing I thought of was the Smurf Village :)
"laaa laaaa, laa la la la, laaa laa la la la............"

-Kyle