Re: Courtesy. ( WAS Re: The Wanderer...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle.ninja
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 05:40:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Kyle Peterson writes:

In regards to The Wanderer comic:
The navigation is what bothered me the most. I would have just made the
original page a lot bigger and skipped the enlarging feature for each frame.
It's a lot easier to scroll down to read the comic, than to have to click to
view each frame; and hit the "back" button continuiously. I'm being picky
because I am a web designer/developer and navigation is a key part of
designing a web site.

I would agree with this suggestion. The base pages were just small enough
that my eyes could not make out the words. If these images were just a bit
bigger I would not have had to zoom in on every image with lettering, just
the ones that caught my eye to where I wanted to see more detail. So I'd
definitely like to see that considered.

Getting the right sizing may be tricky. Maybe a combination of making the
lettering proportionally bigger and also making the images bigger (but with
more jpeg compression???) enough to be able to read the lettering?

I agree with Kyle that the overall idea is neat. But when I am on a low
bandwidth connection I would like to be able to read without waiting a
really long time to go to the next frame.

++Lar