Re: Last minute scan before it gets packed into a box...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 19:59:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Joel Jacobsen writes:
I've done the same with Cam, as well, but I haven't put her into my castle
theme because I haven't decided if my society has developed enough to invent
corrective lenses, yet. hehe. :)

See:
http://www.eye.utmem.edu/history/glass.html
other sites are claiming eyewear existed at least as early as the 10th
century -- seems like a castle era to me, even if a little late.  Castle
Blacktron time and technology will work a little differently, but first I
have to finish writing and digitally photographing it.  And that will be a
while yet, after I settle into a new place.  And I want to obtain one of
those Nikon Coolpix 990 cameras, but I have more than I can handle on my
plate right now to worry about that just yet too.

Oh, I'm not saying eyewear didn't exist in such times.. I'm not sure they do
in .my. realm.. I just haven't given it thought. But it is such a nice head
that not using it seems kind of a waste. must think on it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jjacobse

Some cool stuff there, Joel!  I liked that Arach and the troop and cargo
module very much. Obviously, I like those faceted dome elements a lot >myself...

Thanks for the kind words.  The Arach might just make its way into my Castle
World in the future... I've been pondering it and think I've a way to do it. ;)

Very nice, work, sir -- I'm intrigued by the female blacktron body -- is
that a sticker/decal or did you paint? Do you have a template? Would you be
willing to share it? :) Questions abound!

It's a sticker.  And I am not willing to share it until I get my own Castle
Blacktron "on the map," as it were...perhaps then.  For what it's worth, I
used Adobe Illustrator and pure CMYK colors (the yellow is not exactly right
-- it's more canary yellow when it should be more yellow-orange, but then
there is no dithering of colors on my cheap inkjet printer).  Bsically, I
melded the traditional Lego female castle torso with what I figured were the
essential aspects of the Blacktron I torso.  Another picture is available here:

http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon/lego/blaktron.htm

-- Hop-Frog

Fair enough - I can understand the hesitance to share a personal work. I may
have to ponder such things in more depth, myself. :)

Thanks for responding.

JJ