Re: Last minute scan before it gets packed into a box...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 18:16:50 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Joel Jacobsen writes:
I've done the same with Cam, as well, but I haven't put her into my castle
theme because I haven't decided if my society has developed enough to invent
corrective lenses, yet. hehe. :)

See:
http://www.eye.utmem.edu/history/glass.html
other sites are claiming eyewear existed at least as early as the 10th
century -- seems like a castle era to me, even if a little late.  Castle
Blacktron time and technology will work a little differently, but first I
have to finish writing and digitally photographing it.  And that will be a
while yet, after I settle into a new place.  And I want to obtain one of
those Nikon Coolpix 990 cameras, but I have more than I can handle on my
plate right now to worry about that just yet too.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jjacobse

Some cool stuff there, Joel!  I liked that Arach and the troop and cargo
module very much. Obviously, I like those faceted dome elements a lot myself...

Very nice, work, sir -- I'm intrigued by the female blacktron body -- is
that a sticker/decal or did you paint? Do you have a template? Would you be
willing to share it? :) Questions abound!

It's a sticker.  And I am not willing to share it until I get my own Castle
Blacktron "on the map," as it were...perhaps then.  For what it's worth, I
used Adobe Illustrator and pure CMYK colors (the yellow is not exactly right
-- it's more canary yellow when it should be more yellow-orange, but then
there is no dithering of colors on my cheap inkjet printer).  Bsically, I
melded the traditional Lego female castle torso with what I figured were the
essential aspects of the Blacktron I torso.  Another picture is available here:

http://members.aol.com/blueofnoon/lego/blaktron.htm

-- Hop-Frog