Re: Characters, characters, characters!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 06:50:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Joel Jacobsen writes:
Looks good, Shiri.

I keep looking at your site as one of the gauges for what I want my site to
be

Wow! Honest? Gee, that's about as nice compliment as you can pay me about my
lego stuff :-). Thanks!!!

Yup - you have your figs thought out. The Hellfire Inn is nice (and now
Gareth's abode, too). But really it's the background interaction I like. My
problem so far is that the backgrounds are coming together but they're
jumbled and don't feel all that cohesive to me, yet. That's what I'm working
on. :)

(If I could ever kick this "horrible" .space compulsion.. must be the 15
someodd years of withdrawals...).

Ahhhhhh! Space?! Not in here! Get it out, get it ouuuut!!!

heh. Hey... I think there was a Grand Admiral around here someplace.. :P

I like how your "Big Five" interact(ed) with each other. Nicely thought out.

Thanks again... and, well, I have been thinking it out for close to a year
now. So I'd hope it's thought out by now. ;-)

see my above comments. :)

As for a suggestion,(and maybe it's just me) the group name "Big Five" just
doesn't seem to fit well. I'm not sure what would be better, but something
more "Castle-ish"...?

Huh. Yeah. I don't know if "The Big Five" fits so well as I thought at first...

Of course, that's going on the presumption that there
isn't a reason for using the name that I've missed while looking over your
site. :)

I think I forgot to mention it. They were nicknamed "The Big Five" by the
public during their apprenticehood; the people felt that anyone apprenticed
under Gareth would grow to be a great magician. But since Daphne died soon
after Gareth did, they never really were Big Five - not for long, at least.

I'll either mention that on the page somewhere, or otherwise scrap the name
altogether. Thanks for the suggestion, and the compliments!

-Shiri

*nods* I didn't say it didn't make sense to me, it just doesn't have that
catchy "ring" to it. :)

Joel J