Re: Cool stuff on CW main page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:47:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Frank Filz writes:
I'm not sure what's going on, but when I visit the CW site, after viewing a few
pages, my Netscape mostly locks up. It stops responding to normal mouse clicks
on links (but you can use the menus or right click). To get it to go again, I
have to exit out of Netscape, then ctrl-alt-del and end-task Netscape several
times before it finally dies. Then I can re-start Netscape and everything
seems to work ok again. I haven't seen this happen yet with other browsing.

I don't think it's Geocities specifically, I've noticed that problem on
occaision with Netscape at home.  (4.5.something)  It seems to happen most
predictably when a site is slow to respond, and I get frustrated and click
the link several times, or try to go other places.  Something to do with
multiple page requests, maybe?  It's a "feature".

James
James Brown's Parts Sale:  http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=jamesb
4000+ parts, averaging $0.10 per piece.