Re: Cool stuff on CW main page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 00:34:04 GMT

I'm not sure what's going on, but when I visit the CW site, after viewing a few
pages, my Netscape mostly locks up. It stops responding to normal mouse clicks
on links (but you can use the menus or right click). To get it to go again, I
have to exit out of Netscape, then ctrl-alt-del and end-task Netscape several
times before it finally dies. Then I can re-start Netscape and everything seems
to work ok again. I haven't seen this happen yet with other browsing. I wonder
if geocities is doing something screwy (<rant>as life goes on, I get more and
more disenchanted with geocities, or any of the other free sites, it just seems
that their advertising crud sucks up everything, and makes the sites very
painfull to visit. XOOM is almost more frustrating, I was looking at a XOOM
site the other day, and everytime I clicked on a link, it added another XOOM
bar, slowly eating up all the window space left for the website</rant>).

Frank