Re: CW Story of the Week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:29:13 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Dylan Bradley writes:

Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Karl Martinson writes:
Hang on, dont' go forming any plans just yet, I gotta object. What's • wrong
with a little competition? It only makes us strive to make better • stories! You
could also offer feedback, so the author (balladeer) can know make to • improve.
And imagine the thrill of being voted the best for the week!! It would be
great, and it would just make you want to make more. All I'm saying is • that
competition would make everyone try harder, and we'd get better, more
entertaining stories.

Hmm, well, I see your point....

How about this - every story that's submitted is immediately nominated? • Then
other people can vote for the stories, or email the balladeer • w/comments... so
it's still all in good fun, and people are bound to win one week or the
other. ;-)

Yes, that sounds reasonable. Upon entry of "Castle World", each builder's
("AFOL") story line - via WebPage, lug-post, etc. - is automatically
proffered as entry for "CW Story of the Week".  Thereupon any and/or all
"CW" entries will be considered.

Concerning 'hurt' or 'Malice' feelings, I really don't see that as being an
issue. It's just a <GASP> toy, after all. And in my case, competition is
just an added incentive to "build all that I can build" (I stole the U.S.
Army's slogan, and shamelessly modified it there).

After all, how many CW members are there now, and how many do you see
joining in the next. 8 weeks?

I know that at the moment, there are 30 CW members.

I think everyone will win at one point or
another unless the membership jumps to something like 4 people a week..

I dunno, I like the idea of the award.

I think that by the person putting the logo on their page, it will be sort of
like an award, but we just won't call it that.

Wilson