Re: IOM: Bricktannia East website updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:11:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Dave Amos writes:
Thanks for the compliments and the criticisms!  Both are very welcome.

I hope you continue to check out its developments, and continue to give me
criticisms where you think Im going astray!  I need it!

-Dave
www.bricktannia.com

I love the use of colours in the buildings, simple but effective.

OK, here's just some food for thought in terms of developing the comunnity.

Have you thought about just what it entails to have a "democracy" in a
medieval/fantasy setting? Not that it can't be done at all, but do you plan
on using modern day notions of democracy for these guys?  Who will get to
vote? Everyone just men? Just men who own property/land? Just wondering.

It looks like you have your mind set on a group of people fleeing
persecution in their homeland. Is there any history as to how/why they did
that? Did they just pack up and leave? Surely their feudal lords (if they
had any) wouldn't have been too happy about that? Perhaps someone from their
home country will send an expedition to punish them? Or are they religious
refugees or fleeing a plague or something?

cheers

Magnus