Re: IOM: Bricktannia East website updated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 04:00:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Leonard Hoffman writes:
DUDE! i love your site! i love the story behind it and also the idea of
building a city to settle straight out without all the exploring and whatnot.
my only gripe is that you turn to secondary industry and tertiary industry
before primary industry. for example, a tavern and bartender before a brewery?
i understand such thing may be more interesting, but keep in mind what a
permanent settlement really requires.

after that scathing criticism let me say again: EXCELLENT!! INSPIRING!!
WONDERFUL!!

peace
-lenny

Lenny,

Thanks for the compliments and the criticisms!  Both are very welcome.
Regarding the lack of primary industry, you have hit the nail quite on the
head.  In order to compensate for such a lack so early in the town's days,
it relies on a supply of imports from the motherland.  Just the other day a
couple of my settlers returned with another supply of food, tools, beer, and
other essentials. :)  The latest building to be built (which I hope to have
pictures of soon) are a port to facilitate this importing, a blacksmith, and
a general store for the distribution of goods.  Also, extensive harvesting
of natural resources is always occurring, keeping supplies flowing in.
These answers may not be entirely realistic to support the town, but its my
best shot!  :)

I hope you continue to check out its developments, and continue to give me
criticisms where you think Im going astray!  I need it!

-Dave
www.bricktannia.com