Subject:
Blank Shields IoM update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:58:05 GMT

http://www.lugnet.com/castle/~11/blankshields/mists

For now at least, I'm keeping the Blank Shield updates to this sort of "news
bite" feeling.  Once I clear the detritus from making my entry for the
Midnight MOCkery contest, I'll be able to start taking pictures of the
transportation, and move to a more solid-feeling story.

One thing I'm trying to decide is whether to stick with the third-person
style I've been using so far with the Blank Shields, or move to a
first-person (probably Lt. Michael's) viewpoint.  First person is *way*
easier to do an engaging story in, and develop character, but most of the
ballads so far have been a mix of various first-person accounts, and a
third-person view might make for a neat contrast.  On the other hand, part
of the reason I decided to give Lt. Michael a role is because he doesn't
have a personality yet, and I'd like to find out who he is. :)

thoughts?

thanks,

James