 Castle / Castle Organizations / 149
Re: Chapter two of my Unnamed chronicles up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:29:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org, Adrian Drake writes:
Here's the second installment of the adventures of Xander and Serena, plus
the first pictures of my latest MOC (which will be published some time this
weekend.)

Find Into the Woods at:

http://www.brickfrenzy.com/castle_cw_02a.html

Wonderful!  I love the interplay between the characters, though the
"Smothers brothers" bit was getting really close to the line.  The ship is
beautiful.

I hate to make this recommendation because I know exactly how this affects
the comic style, but... a lot of the pictures seem overly wordy.  It's
really hard to squeeze in multiple exchanges between a pair of characters in
a single frame and still have it read well.  I think it would flow better if
you split some of the frames into two or even three.

I know that's hard and I'm currently dealing with this exact issue in my
next comic installment... I have a lot of conversation that has to get said,
but there isn't any action going on.  I'm trying to keep it from doubling
the size of the comic, but I don't think I can get around it.  I'm sure you
don't want to shoot that many more pics either- I don't have to tell you how
much work it is to do all that editing.  I think this is already the largest
frame count I've seen in a Lego story done comic-style.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com