 Castle / Castle Organizations / 140
IOM:A simple run
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 05:47:00 GMT

--------------
Jayn sighed and tapped the glowing glass sphere lightly. The images that had
flickered across it's surface faded as she looked up to the wryly smiling
face of her first mate, Kris.
"Don't know why you bother with that thing" he rumbled.
"It's the only thing that keeps us in profit and well you know it. How else
would we know what to buy to sell for good price at out next port of call?"
Kris mumbled something under his breath and scowled sullenly.
"But as it was, I couldn't get much out of it" the Captain continued, "lots
of talk of war, fears of invasion from some new outbreak of Bohroks, the
return of Sokor, who apparently has enlarged his goals. It's enough to make
one want to retire"
"S'pose that's why we've got them on board then?" grumped Kris, jecking his
thumb over his shoulder to where a group of well-dressed figs variously
lounged, talked or stared over the rail.
Jayn nodded, "Back to basics for the Windchaser, everyone needs to eat and
everyone needs to travel, besides Makasar is a big place, we're sure to pick
up something profitable there"
"Should just be a simple run." she continued, walking towards the stern,
watching the harbour of Maurit slip beneath the horizon. "We'll be there in
a few days"
Kris said nothing, he had an odd feeling about this trip.

This is just the start, but I thought I'd better begin. Unfortunatly I won't
have any pictures for at least a month. So far most of the people on tIoM
are royalty or there on orders, I wondered how a group who ended up there by
accident would go?  I apologise for the lack or orgininality with names, I'm
making much of this up as I go along. Soon I'll introduce my sig-fig (one of
the passenger-figs), though Captain Jayn Seaplate of the Windchaser will do
for now.

James (who is off to write down more ideas while he's having them)