 Castle / 921
  Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?

Craig, your minifig ideas (as usual) sound great. I've been hankering after the pirate with the white shirt and tan vest for this very use, in order to build the final scene from "The Highwayman"; but he's rather rare, only from 6277 and 6286. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?

I am rushing home to build my swashbuckler. Black adventurer hat with white plume like Scaramouche/Cyrano, black cape, cutlass, dagger and maybe a pirate pistol (flintlock) I'll use the smirking smug adventurer head. Thanks for the tips Craig. Last (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?

(...) I'd dearly love one of those as well. Would that be the Noyes poem "The Highwayman" (set to music by Loreena McKennit, among others?) A great poem (and song), but a little...er...*dark* for LEGO 'figs, no? Especially that final scene? (...) If (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?

(...) jeff ~ would you belive that the lorena mc-kennit song is what inspired me to make this fig!? poor forest babe got bound! i love building "dark" things from lego. the juxtaposition is interesting.(~ & funny; especially when mini-figs are (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?

(...) Sure. That song was the first one of hers I ever heard, playing in a record store. I stood there and listened to it and wound up buying the CD after it was done. BTW, the other option for the Highwayman hat would be the tricorns from the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?

(...) Loreena Mckennitt is a great singer and musician! The first time I heard "The Highwayman", it brought a tear to my eye. It is just so hauntingly beautiful! My other favorites by her include "Bonny Portmore", "All Souls Night", "Between the (...) (25 years ago, 9-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)