 Castle / 9112
Re: My Inn :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 15:10:49 GMT

Brian Kasprzyk wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Mark Sandlin writes:

Actually, that's a real nice looking inn. I like how you built it on the
Adventurers baseplate. The roof is very impressive.

If I can suggest something, I think it would be nice if you took out half
the beds on the second floor and made the rooms larger with a bit more
furniture... maybe like a bed with a chair and small table or something.
Just a thought.

Nice work!

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head

I Agree with the above!  A very nice roof construction.  Roofs can really
make a great building look even better!  I also agree that sometimes less is
better then more.  You could make 4 really nice, big bedrooms on the second
floor instead of 8 small, just 'bed' rooms.  You'll also be able to save a
few gray bricks in the process.  I was looking carefully at your images and
was trying to figure out what you did to make the roof come off.  I can see
the second and first floors use tiles with a few select 1x2 with a center
stud in use.  But the second floor roof line is solid brick studs.  Does the
roof just 'float' on top?

Great work work!

Thanks Brian :)

  Yes the roof just floats on the top, the red border around the bottom
of the roof holds it in place nicely.  That roof really frustrated me..
falling apart at least 10 times.. it's pretty sturdy now, though I'm
still a little nervous when I lift it off. I didn't feel it was strong
enough to actually be set tightly in place, and figured it would
splinter when pulled off if I did... I wanted to add a small 'alcove' on
the front of it, though as it is, there are already red corners in the
back because I ran out :(  I need to order another 10-20 roof packs
soon.

  I'm looking at different configurations of beds, and some would take
up more space, so the upper level will probably be redone soon. I just
need to see what I have available for the beds yet and how many I can
make.

Tamy
(happy people like her Inn!)