 Castle / 9082
Re: Custom torso question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 00:20:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Brouwer writes:
Ok,

I've seen some of the BEAUTIFUL torso's some of you guys are creating.  I
would LOVE to try this on my own, but I have a few questions:

1) What program do you use?  Photo Shop?

OK.... being a graphic designer, I use a few programs to do the one job...
the basic design, I do in Corel... but the secret is.. to scan in a torso
and draw over it to get the right size and shape....:  )

2) How did you create your template for the shape to keep it consistant?

An illustration program like Corel Draw or Illustrator is the bet to use, it
allows you to create vector files.. this way, you can chang size easily with
out pixilation.... then once you have a design done, imort it as an image..
then open it in something like photoshop.... then you can do touch ups, and
ad detail to it.. highlights and shadows etc.... then when you're happy with
it, save it as an image and print it out.... enjoy... :  )

3) Where do you get some of the art work?  Like the different european
lions, etc.?

As for the artwork, I create it from my head... its my job... hee hee....if
there is any pre-existing stuff I want, I scan it in, and then redraw it in
Corel... once you have it as a vector file, you can adjust it.. and make it
any size... for banners... flags... torsos... etc...

Alot of the torso designs I have done... mainly the dresses, I've done a bit
of research into it, and went off some historical cloting... there's some
good websites you can find.. or books.....

4) Any other tips, guidelines, suggestions?
save everything you do... you might in the future need a certain piece of a
past design you've done before.... so its sill re-doing it... as I've always
been taught... "Never re-envent the Wheel" ...!!!!

Kev...:  )