 Castle / 9081
Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 00:30:30 GMT

On Wed, 23 May 2001 16:50:44 GMT, "John Carroll"
<johnc@digitalacropolis.com> wrote:

If TLC is reissuing old sets those selling old sets not be too happy (EI
held onto a guarded in to sell it on ebay for mucho $, And then TLC
rereleases it in 2001[1]) I will be happy cause hopefully I can get some old
sets again.  but a little disapointed cause now anyone can have a cheap army
of black falcons[1] it might wreck havoc on ebay and brick bay etc. (which
can be overpriced)

Oh well I can't wait for the July surprise

John

[1]speculation I don't want anyone to think I have inside information or
somethinig

Unless someone has one of the old sets for sale, why would any one
care about the collectors value?  The only other reason would be
desiring to buying one BUT that would be easier with a reissue....
Personally, I don't care about any 'collectors value' that a set might
have, in fact I'd prefer that sets DIDN'T have a special 'collectors
value'.  I do not foresee that happening for what are currently the
sets that do have high value to them (in monetary terms) as it is a
combination of scarcity and design and execution, or in simple terms,
they don't make them like they used to (although we'd like them too
:^)
There are certain sets (mostly castle) that I would buy in quantity if
re released,  such as the Knights Procession or any of the older
minifig sets.  A combo such as the 6040,6041 and  Guarded Inn would be
terrific.

I would literally DROOL over the chance to get a army of Black Falcons
as they are my favorite design that were available in quantity.

The July Surprise doesn't necessarily mean re-release of old sets to
make people happy, things like bulk castle accessories would make many
people happy.

I can wait for the July Surprise, easily, I have no choice in the
matter :^)

Mike
--

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)