 Castle / 8929
  battle rules

Which tabletop battle system is the best for castle. I've seen a few on the web and they are either very scetchy or gared for space LEGO any suggestions / useful URLs ta -- James Stacey www.minifig.co.uk (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: battle rules

check out (URL) seems to be the most fine tuned of the systems. and people seem to like it for castle. I have yet to use it, (unless it was the system that I tried like 5 years ago, which at the time seem totally geared to space) I don't have anyone (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: battle rules

Definitely check out the Brikwars rules ... (URL) . They are a comprehensive set of rules which cover all time periods and fantasy levels from cavemen (and earlier!) to the farthest future. NELUG played a game this past year of four armies meeting (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: battle rules

(...) Brikwars, as others have suggested, is very comprehensive, and may look space-oriented at first, but is very adaptable: (URL) got a set of rules that almost certainly fall into your "very sketchy" catagory above, since they're geared much more (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: battle rules

(...) And not so detailed, but fun if you can find it, is the long out-of-print Chainmail by Gary Gygax and Jeff Perren, published by Guidon Games. Also, the Standard Games series [Cry Havoc, Siege, Outremer, Viking Raiders, Samurai Blades, Dark (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: battle rules

Thanks for the Links I'll have a looksie. but no I'd never play Warhammer. I disagree 100% with gamesWorkshop's code of conduct. A company that uses independent shops to build their userbase then opens up their own shop - closing down the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: battle rules

(...) And the forerunner to D&D. I played my first medieval miniatures game with these - I still have a rather pristine copy floating about somewhere in my game pantry. De Bellis Antiquitatis plays pretty fast if somewhat limited in scope and the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.castle)