 Castle / 8771
8770  |  8772
Subject:
More info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 18:11:16 GMT

Well, first off, I'd really, really appreciate it if you guys could have
some patience with the upcoming announcement.  It is about two months off
and Lego does not want me to talk about it.  In fact, I don't think I should
have mentioned to begin with, but I was so happy I really wanted to share
with other Castle fans.  So please, please, please let's not bring it up
again until either Lego announces it or I'm authorized to make an
announcement on it.  I do not want to further jeparodize may relationship
with Lego by leaking anything else.

Second, regarding the accessory packs.  To give you guys the scoop on what's
going on with those old accessory packs:

- Lego occassionally does inventory checks.  Sometimes they find old items
mislabeled and puts them back into the inventory.  S@H U.S. actually has
someone who goes around looking for old sets to bring to the U.S.  Hence, we
sometimes get things from Europe or Japan.

- In the present case, they found a small number of Castle accessories in
Europe.  S@H U.S. tried to get them to bring them over to the states, but
since the quantities were so small, they were having trouble.

- To give you an idea of the quantities available on these items, on Monday
4/31/01 it was:

* 5184 - 36 copies
* 5138 - 36 copies
* 5135 - 100+ copies

- So to dispel the rumors, these particular sets are not being reproduced.
It's just old stock.

- However, we will likely get a new castle accessory pack later this year.
I've talked to Lego about what this pack should have and hopefully we might
see some changes, but we have to wait and see.  They haven't decided what to
do yet and they have to coordinate with Denmark.

Jimmy