 Castle / 862
  New Small Church

Well this is not quite as impressive as some of the castle creations that have been posted recently but I am quite happy with it. This is my first creation in the Castle theme (Actually this could fit well in town too but I made it for a castle (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) for (...) Cool, I like it. What color/size arches do you need? It looks like 1x4 white. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

<snip> (...) Actually they are Gray and I need 11 of them plus 1 1x6x1 Gray arch for the enterance. I am actually working on a deal with someone and will hopefully have the arches in a couple of weeks. Eric The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

Very nice! It has a good clean design to it. Effective detailing with minimal pieces (I like the lamps). Make sure you let us know when its finished. Silas Eric Kingsley wrote in message ... (...) have (...) creation (...) for (...) and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

Well, I think it's wonderful and you're being far too modest. What a cozy little model. I love it! Dave Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:FM50tx.41p@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) creation (...) it for (...) and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Me too! --Todd p.s. BTW, is that Luke Skywalker there, confessing his sins in church? (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Dave, Todd, Thanks very much. (...) Actually except for the woman in the Witch torso they are all SW torso's. (The only castle set I currently have is the Night Lords Castle - except for Ninga of course but we won't go there again :-) ). The (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) If there's some constructive criticism I can give, then it would have to be that the surface walls of the walls are a bit even and "dull". If you could put some more "texture" on the surface, it may look even more realistic. Fredrik (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I think your castle church is cool, nice and simple. Some people go way over board. I am going build on myself soon. I just constructed a hugh Hotel. Great design, you should create a LDRAW file, because it is not too big! See ya Jim (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I quite like it! It's very reminicient of a small town Protestant church (being that it's not overdone and ornate like Catholic cathedrals). The overall feel of the building is excellent! The only thing I can find any sort of fault with is the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) Actually you got the feel I was going for (Small Protestant Church) thats mostly because my favorite Church that we attended when I was growing up was a very small Methodest/Protestant Church. We (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Fredrik, Thanks, You know I was thinking the same thing but I could not think of how to get do it. Do you have any suggestions? Would you just insert a dkgray brick or plate here and there to give it a more worn look? How else might I give it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Well, it's a really difficult question. You could try to insert some bricks with different colours in some odd places. (DkGrey, green, brown, tan, ...) Another way to achieve a slightly "worn" look would be to, in a somewhat random pattern, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Oh I really like the idea of the 1x1 with side stud with a tile on it! Enough of that and you can really get a rough surface. It also raises the expense of the model using up all those tiles but I think it might be worth it. I will try this (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I think TLC would do well to hire you. This would be an easy set for them and probably go for 30-40 USD. And I would buy one for my Pirate town. Excellent work. Simple, elegant, imaginative. (the sound of two hands clapping) SteveC Perilous (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) That's because giant cathedrals with domed roofs and all are supposes to remind "Man" that he is weak and mortal while God is omniscient/powerful. (Spoken like a true Catholic atheist/agnostic) --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)