 Castle / 8400
Re: new stuff for 2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 04:01:48 GMT

What?!?! Excrement?

"Mike Timm" <mtimm@usinternet.com> wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 01:04:54 GMT, "Josh Baakko" <shi_web@hotmail.com>
wrote:

<snippage>

So, i'm guessing your saying i was wrong to talk about
the new stuff    (dunno tho....)
i suppose i'll just gloat over the new
stuff while others only wait and wonder........

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if seemed funny that Lego would show off
stuff like taht and not tell you that you couldn't say anything, unless • they
were hoping you would!?
Josh

Working for a company that sells LEGO(1), and having talked to a rep
in the past (2) I'll make this speculation.
I'd say that the rep was trying educate a employee that showed
excrement over the product line that they represent.    If the rep can
fuel the excrement in a stores employee it could motivate them to take
ownership of the LEGO section to ensure that it is kept filled and
strait in way that's better than what normally happens.  If LEGO
didn't want this info out they should have at least instructed the
reps to either not show that info, or to ask that the stores employee
not repeat it.  I don't work for TRU so I don't know their policies
and this type of situation, so I cannot say if it violates their
policy on such issues, I suspect they may not have a policy that
covers this issue specifically, but that is speculation again.

Mike

1.  No I am not saying whom I work for, I  don't represent them here
or any other place but my store when I am on the clock.

2.  I no longer have a connection to the toy section, I work elsewhere
currently, but did have the toy section for a time.  I never did see
any 'secret' lines when I did have the toy section either :^)   (3)

3.  I did get a neat Star Wars LEGO poster out if it though :^)
Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)