 Castle / 8156
    The cold, hard reality of Lego Renaissance —Mike Rosulek
   I now have a new appreciation for the volume of bricks you guys/gals all have. Not that I didn't have appreciation before, but now I have a new one. Throughout my whole childhood, I'd always prided myself in having "a ton of legos." I have never met (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The cold, hard reality of Lego Renaissance —Eric Joslin
     (...) Don't be so sure! I felt the same way, but as I came more and more into my return to LEGO (I never had a complete "Dark Ages" as some people define it) I began mentioning it to my parents more and more... and now we've reached a point where I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The cold, hard reality of Lego Renaissance —Anthony Sava
     (...) I was that way, and still am. However I've learned to deal with what I have, and besides, if I had more LEGOs, I'd have to find a bigger place :). (...) I was in your shoes a while back, when I was in the building stages for my Halcyon Castle (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The cold, hard reality of Lego Renaissance —Joel Jacobsen
     (...) Hehe.. I understand completely. I was the same way as a kid - only two friends of mine that were brothers had more LEGO than I did. I tend to think of myself as having a "small" collection in the case of comparing to some around here, though (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The cold, hard reality of Lego Renaissance —James Stacey
     I always had more LEGO than anyone I met, but compared to many people worldwide its a small collection. Its going to happen. I have one set of each kit (almost just 2 or 3 left ebay willing) and build mocs on what I get from car boot sales (garage (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: The cold, hard reality of Lego Renaissance —Joel Jacobsen
     (...) <major snippage> Bingo. Joel J (23 years ago, 17-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The cold, hard reality of Lego Renaissance —John D. Forinash
     (...) I dunno, I think this latter might work. Technic beams would be great in places where people can't see to shore up other components. And there are a lot of castles running around these days that use lots of colors that are not grey. I would (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The cold, hard reality of Lego Renaissance —John J. Ladasky, Jr.
     Hi, Mike, Welcome to Lugnet. (...) Think of it as analogous to graduating from high school and going to college. In high school, you were one of the top students, a big fish in a small pond. In college, you become just one face in the crowd. It's (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The cold, hard reality of Lego Renaissance —Mike Timm
   On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 05:54:53 GMT, Mike Rosulek <mjr@powersurge.net.nospam> wrote: Welcome to .castle (...) Hmm, have you checked out the Lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands group? (think Battleship and Aircraft Carrier). /me keeps a wary eye out for (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: The cold, hard reality of Lego Renaissance —James Brown
   (...) This twigged my memory, and reminded me of something I wanted to post, but never got around to. I had a very interesting conversation with a mom at a train show recently. She had been asking about the track & how much the costs were, and I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)