 Castle / 810 (+20)
  Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn

(...) get (...) some, (...) too (...) I found a nice and realistic way to place a horizontal lego piece across to make Tudor (easier than saying Half Timber) :) Lord Doyle Of Nelsonshire (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Besides the great line of Playmobil 'accessory packs', there's one other thing we wish LEGO would do similarly: To celebrate its 25th anniversary, Playmobil just released a rerun of their classic Playmobil truck from 1975 ! And it's even budget (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn

Care to share it??? (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn

(...) Horizontal is OK: how about diagonal? That's the hard part (even the miniland half-timbered buildings use stepped standard bricks which looks bad close up). Kevin (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn

(...) make Tudor (easier than saying Half Timber) :) (...) After thinking about this one, the only thing I can think of would be to put 1x1 or 1x2 technic beams w/ single hole in the wall, with a technic 1/2 peg, and then stick on long black tiles (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

Very nice! Very nice site overall! -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman (URL) "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Dan <Blackened@visi.com> wrote in message news:FLqnr1.9s4@lugnet.com... (...) catalog at (...) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Viking Figures

I managed to put a good one together not too long ago ... Try this: Black waist/Brown Legs Black or Brown Torso Flat Plate Armor - the kind that came with the Yellow Castle - without any decals, of course. head with reddish-brown beard and stubble (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WAS: Gold Tap Inn

(...) make Tudor (easier than saying Half Timber) :) (...) Darn! I meant Diagonal! It was late :) Doyle (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  ordinery vs. action minifigs

I've been reading with interest some of the threads about how almost all the Lego minifigs, especially Lego, are action-oriented (soldiers and stuff), and how few "normal folk" there are. I guess Lego is assuming that kids would find these boring. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I agree that there should be more mundane characters available or at least parts (body parts too) to make our own. I always had more fun putting ordinary people in extraordinary situations as a child, it offered more role- play ability. My (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) How about Farm animals for our PIG carts and farms! They should quit making dinolegos and start making some animals for our castle figs to eat! also tall wheat would be nice too and lego sacks of flour. Doyle (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I haven't made a pig yet, but I managed a fair sheep. OK, it's a bit larger than a minifig-scale sheep ought to be - selective compression strikes again? Or the LEGOfolk saw the paucity of animals and bred the ones they had for size? I don't (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I've got to disagree about Majisto. All the "specialness" on Majisto are parts. Just parts, parts that can be removed from one fig, and used on another fig. Without the wizard's hat, beard, cape and wand, Majisto is just a blue peasant. No (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) Yeah, I tend to agree that Majisto's torso is rather good for making peasants-- although I still wish I had more other colors of the peasant torso... offhand, I can only think of grey, green and blue tunic torsos... I think the best would be (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  reference material

Need diagrams and floor plans of castles and docks. Where on the net can I download this information, preferable of castles from the mid to late 1400. Where are websites that provide detailed plans of castles, battles, and sieges. (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) I took my extra majisto figs and turned them into traveling merchants and highwaymen using extra hoods and hats from wolfpack and forestmen sets. I agree that the majisto fig offered several creative opportunities. My current favorite is (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: reference material

And if anyone similar reference material from the 16th to 19th centuries (pirates era), especially forts and docks, I'd love to see it. :) -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Guarded Inn- White or Yellow cup?

Ok, my roomate got the Guarded Inn a long time ago... and to humor me, brought it to our apartment to show me what the actual set REALLY looked like. So last night I FINALLY got to build the Guarded Inn (6067), even though it's not mine :( BUT-- she (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) Yes - the peasant torso had already been around for years, used in both the peasants and in some of the forestmen (with the torso in green). (Then, the torso made a reappearance in Dark Forest, but slightly (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I heard that. It's true. 20 plus postage for a used one, 25 plus postage for a new one. Standing offer. (...) So you have money to blow on batteries but not on the more ecologically sound alternative?? Take the long view (say, more than 5 (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact