 Castle / 7887
Re: Lego Castle - the complete world
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 00:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Roger Wilson writes:
I do wonder what the complete Castle world might really look like. I have
read the history and have seen Erik's diagram, but are there any pictures?
Does Erik know where Harry Potter lives??

Where are Erik's Diagrams and a history of CW?  Is there now an official map
of CW?  If not, does anyone know if Craigo plans to draw it still?  Does
Pawel plan to finish the maps himself?  Where are we CW people at with all
of this unifying yet ambiguous material?

Without offense to Craigo or to Pawel, if they don't want to do the map
anymore themselves, perhaps others could and should be given the task.  I am
not trying to usurp authority from anyone, but times passes and I think we
might as well arrive at a consensus as to what to do.

I myself would be willing to work from Craigo's original faxed sketches to
me, presuming he would grant me permission to work from his conception of
the CW map of the known world (AND presuming I could even get a hold of him
somehow).  Pawel and Craigo had some good ideas with that map that I think
would please hardcore Lego fans, and I wouldn't want to change anything in
terms of it's concept -- I guess I just think that it's time to have this
conception executed in some manner, or perhaps we should dispense with the
idea of a unifying map and everyone can elect to tell their ballads in land
and sea scapes of their own invention.

Pawel is still around here somewhere (I see him post occasionally), so maybe
he would be willing to share the chores with someone who could execute the
graphics.

I dunno -- something like that...

For what it's worth, Craigo has gone underground or some such thing.  To my
knowledge, he does not return phone calls or emails -- at least not to me,
and not for a while.  I don't think it's a matter of concern as such, but he
has dropped off the radar as to things Lego.  Which is fine -- I respect his
privacy.  At the same time, a map or a decision about the map is long overdue.

Maybe we should vote on it?

-- Richard