 Castle / 7880 (+10)
  Re: Custom Helmets

(...) Just had to go look up "Sculpy", which I presumed (correctly) was a plastic "clay". Nice results. Did you bake it at some point? I noted someone mentioned it paints better when baked. Miniature gamers/gaming magazines (rec.games.miniatures (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

(...) Best results are indeed achieved following baking in a normal oven. As another tip, a good plastic solvent (I've mentioned Tenax 7R elsewhere--that's a good one for this) on the end of a Q-tip can be used to eliminate surface cracks and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

(...) Brief How-to. These helmets were quite simple to make, actually. 1) roll your sculpy into a cylinder-shaped clump. Make sure it is wider than a minifig head. Be sure it is well packed together. 2) Bake in an oven for 20-25 min at 275 degrees (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

I've never cast anything myself, but I am aware that their is a number of options for making casting molds at home in a process called 'room temperature vulcanization.' It's very common in modeling, especially with military modelers. I know of one (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

Oops, that should read $8 per cast. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Lego Castle - the complete world

I do wonder what the complete Castle world might really look like. I have read the history and have seen Erik's diagram, but are there any pictures? Does Erik know where Harry Potter lives?? (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

Funny you should mention this! This is my (other) toy-related hobby. I use RTV rubber molds to make parts for custom action figures. I tried it once with the maiden's headdress and was able to make a pour-mold that made a passable replica. Of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Castle - the complete world

(...) Where are Erik's Diagrams and a history of CW? Is there now an official map of CW? If not, does anyone know if Craigo plans to draw it still? Does Pawel plan to finish the maps himself? Where are we CW people at with all of this unifying yet (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

(...) I will say just one word about these: WANT! (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Book I of the Hillsfar Chronicles: A Friend Returns

Not bad! Not bad at all! You get the action started right away! You're making me look lazy! (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact