 Castle / 7875 (+20)
  Wheelhouse?

Has anyone made a village wheelhouse (river house)... I'm not quite sure of the name, but I'm sure you know what I mean. How would you guys go about building the paddle wheel? If you have any url's, it would be greatly appreciated. Felix (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: Custom Helmets

(...) Sculpy and a Wizard cordless dremel tool (and *very* steady hands). If anyone knows someone who has access to a cast molding machine, perhaps we could consider making a mold and producing plastic replicas? Just a thought. -Kyle (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Weird skeletal extra

nick cameron wrote: <snip> (...) I've done that with the katana before and yes, it does look spooky! Chris Barker chris@superfami.com (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wheelhouse?

(...) Felix (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Book I of the Hillsfar Chronicles: A Friend Returns

Hi all, after about a year of just sitting around, reading everyone else's marvelous stories and ballads, I decided I had to do one too. The pictures for this story were taken with Shiri's digicam when she was here last week. I apologize ahead of (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Custom Helmets

(...) Just had to go look up "Sculpy", which I presumed (correctly) was a plastic "clay". Nice results. Did you bake it at some point? I noted someone mentioned it paints better when baked. Miniature gamers/gaming magazines (rec.games.miniatures (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

(...) Best results are indeed achieved following baking in a normal oven. As another tip, a good plastic solvent (I've mentioned Tenax 7R elsewhere--that's a good one for this) on the end of a Q-tip can be used to eliminate surface cracks and (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

(...) Brief How-to. These helmets were quite simple to make, actually. 1) roll your sculpy into a cylinder-shaped clump. Make sure it is wider than a minifig head. Be sure it is well packed together. 2) Bake in an oven for 20-25 min at 275 degrees (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

I've never cast anything myself, but I am aware that their is a number of options for making casting molds at home in a process called 'room temperature vulcanization.' It's very common in modeling, especially with military modelers. I know of one (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

Oops, that should read $8 per cast. (...) (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Lego Castle - the complete world

I do wonder what the complete Castle world might really look like. I have read the history and have seen Erik's diagram, but are there any pictures? Does Erik know where Harry Potter lives?? (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

Funny you should mention this! This is my (other) toy-related hobby. I use RTV rubber molds to make parts for custom action figures. I tried it once with the maiden's headdress and was able to make a pour-mold that made a passable replica. Of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Castle - the complete world

(...) Where are Erik's Diagrams and a history of CW? Is there now an official map of CW? If not, does anyone know if Craigo plans to draw it still? Does Pawel plan to finish the maps himself? Where are we CW people at with all of this unifying yet (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Custom Helmets

(...) I will say just one word about these: WANT! (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Book I of the Hillsfar Chronicles: A Friend Returns

Not bad! Not bad at all! You get the action started right away! You're making me look lazy! (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops?

(...) You know what's funny? I had tried for hours when I built that thing to figure out a way to do tusks. I was trying to use ninja katanas, but I just couldn't figure it out. But as soon as I had posted those pics, it struck me to do exactly what (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Elephant (Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops?)

(...) Thanks! A neat thing about the tail that you can't tell from the pictures is that it is mounted on a technic half-peg so it can swing back and forth. I probably don't have enough 2x2 rounds to use them for legs, and I kind of like the unbroken (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  I won, I won...

<Grown man sreaming like a teenage girl at a Beatles concert> AAAAAAaaa...aaaHAAAA....aaah!!!!! I won!! I WON!! I just won a 6086 on ebay!!!!! AAAAAaaaaaaaaHAAAAAAaaaaah!!!! My very first and very own Black Knight's Castle!! <Hyper-ventilating> (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle

I have my first real castle for view at (URL) . LMKWYT. </alan> (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Book I of the Hillsfar Chronicles: A Friend Returns

(...) I can't wait for part two, Chris! Good stuff! I really liked the pic's of the Spitfire tavern - I hope we'll get to see more of them - I'd love to see some that cover the layout a bit better. Using Gungan's in that way is a great idea (don't (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact