 Castle / 7874
Re: Custom Helmets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:32:24 GMT

The cross did make an appearance in the original castle set, and since it IS
the most common charge in heraldry, Lego should very well consider making
more of them!  I've also always fancied a castle theme taking the crusaders
to the holy land, with sand colored castles, and Islamic soldiers.

Yeah, it is depressing to think about, isn't?

Kevin

In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Lill writes:
In lugnet.castle, Kevin Knoot writes:
Kyle,

Those are exactly the kind of helmets I've wished Lego would make for YEARS.

I think that would be agreat expansion to the Lego Castle line. If only
religion didn't complicate the issue, a Crusaders line would be great. Not
only does it have real historical interest but Lego could have minifigures
of Richard the Lion Hearted and Saladin. Muslim armies are a great source
for new armor designs (round shields, scimitars) and there could be lots of
new castle designs and even a ship thrown in. Imagine a castle surrounded by
Lego palm trees and desert, scorpions and even perhaps a Lego camel.

Now you've got me depressed ofer the current castle line.

Jonathan