 Castle / 7851
    Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops? —Marc Nelson, Jr.
   (...) Here are some pics of an elephant I made a while back (it was at brickfest). I'm not totally happy with the size. It seems like it should be bigger, but I'm not sure how big an elephant actually is. (URL) Nelson Jr. (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops? —Sean Forbes
     (...) I'm (...) not (...) I like the elephant, Marc, but I can see how you might think it's a little too small. Not that i'm an expert or anything, perhaps one or two longer and a brick taller, or maybe shorten the legs and add the height to the (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops? —Peter White
      (...) Add a brick to the torso thickness. African elephants have long legs, so the legs are fine. How about some tusks ? Maybe the 1 x 2 plate with side thingies in white. Nice job so far though. (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

          Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops? —Marc Nelson, Jr.
      (...) You know what's funny? I had tried for hours when I built that thing to figure out a way to do tusks. I was trying to use ninja katanas, but I just couldn't figure it out. But as soon as I had posted those pics, it struck me to do exactly what (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops? —Nick Cameron
     (...) Mabey the castle guy on his back trains baby elephants? If it could be in battle as a baby, it could fight in wars as an adult... NICK :^L~~ (24 years ago, 16-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Elephant (Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops?) —Bill Farkas
     (...) Excellent pachyderm dude! I agree with both you and Sean about the size, which is easily remedied, but it IS an awesome likeness. I love how you did the tail, very cool! Hey, if you do make it bigger maybe you could use grey 2x2 round bricks (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Elephant (Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops?) —Marc Nelson, Jr.
     (...) Thanks! A neat thing about the tail that you can't tell from the pictures is that it is mounted on a technic half-peg so it can swing back and forth. I probably don't have enough 2x2 rounds to use them for legs, and I kind of like the unbroken (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops? —Bruce Schlickbernd
   (...) Not too bad, all considered. Creating anything organic with Lego at minifig scale is quite a challenge. With an African elephant, the top of the head is more in line with the back, the back has something of a hump towards the rear, and the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Hannibal crossing Alps on Triceratops? —John Herre
   (...) I'm (...) not (...) I made an elephant last year that's a bit closer to Bruce's description. Whether or not its minifig scale is a matter of opinion, though. The howdah can hold 5 minifigs. Pictures are at (URL) (24 years ago, 15-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)