 Castle / 6331
Re: Shop @ Home=no service for Castleheads?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 03:38:08 GMT

Aaron West wrote:

By now every one of us (the sane ones, anywho) is or has a friend looking for
those dang blasted Chrome Knights Kingdom sets 4816, 4817, 4818 and 4819.
LEGO makes them available only to grocery and drug store chains ... Can we
petition or flood Shop At Home with calls for these sets?

Is this too much to ask, or am I out of line?
Only do this if you are serious about wanting masses of Chrome Knights
available for your armies, try not to be a pest.  This should only be done if
you truly intend to order.

I suspect that it won't make a difference.  Here's the biggest question:
Would you
really spend more money on LEGO, or just buy less of other stuff?  I'm
in the latter
category since I have to follow some sort of lose LEGO budget, and I
almost always
meet my monthly quota.  :)

The other issue is collectibility and rarity.  TLG is making a
significant push
towards collectibility, and by limiting distribution of certain sets
they

   1.  Increase future value of LEGO sets by association
   2.  Possibly increase sales of LEGO because it's now viewed as
collectible
   3.  Can potentially charge more in the future for collectible sets

In addition, because of the collectible nature of these sets I doubt
that many
will have to go on clearance...  Most of what's been shipped will sell
at full
price, increasing the likelihood that these specialty stores will carry
LEGO in
the future.

All in all, it's a pretty good marketing strategy...

Chris