 Castle / 6245 (+20)
  Re: Mongols + Arabian Knights?

(...) I particularly like the Sand Kingdom headdress, now if I could do a decent turban...hmm (...) I guess I was trying to recreate those magical younger years when there was no envelope to push or box to think outside of = ) (...) well, no matter (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle.org)

  Re: To open, or not to open. That is the question.

(...) What do they look like? More brown than normal blue? The discoloured red bricks I've read about have been described as maroon, but I have never experienced this, just discoloured white and pink so far. How bad can LEGO get? Like, if a white (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Mongols + Arabian Knights?

(...) I have a makshift roman army that I began after seeing Gladiator. The figs have th black "dragon" helm (tho the silver ones wloud work much much better), the chain mail black monarchs torso. and the commanders have the ninja armor. they are (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle.org)

  Re: Mongols + Arabian Knights?

(...) I wish I could get my hands on more of the Gugan shields easily...it would br great if they had it in dark gray and the design in black or hunter green (...) I think that the tear drop shields and Dragon helmets are a reasonable substitution (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Use for wings of the 7111 Droid Figher

(...) I point you here, to Joel Kuester's site: (URL) picture down, on the left hand side...rather ingenious. -Chris XP to .castle (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: To open, or not to open. That is the question.

(...) The blue bricks really do have a yellow cast to them, not a brownish cast. Another interesting difference is that they go together a lot tighter. I'm not sure the limit of how bad white LEGO can discolor, but it definitely can get the color of (...) (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Source for brown 1xn plates?

(...) Not that it will help since it's a large set, but 5987 Dino Research Compound has at least 8 brown 1x8 plates. It also has plenty of other brown bits. Frank (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Source for brown 1xn plates?

(...) Hi over there :-) I know that this is not the right place for announcements, but this could be a lucky coincidence for Christopher: I own the site (URL) , it's the german counterpart to AucZILLA. And I have just 5 sets of the #5987 Dino (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Source for brown 1xn plates?

(...) You got that right. Auction announcements certainly do not belong in the theme groups. (...) That's a nice selection. (...) announcements out of the .castle group (or any other non-auction group, for that matter). --Todd (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: DALU (Imitation LEGO)

(...) I know of just one Dalu castle... You can find some pictures of it at: (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) from: I do agree that I don't think LEGO "placed" any of their castle themes within a certain time period or geographical location. But if they did.... I guess I'd have to say: Blue/Red shield crest knights: Who:Britons Where: Brittannia/South (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) Geez Kyle ... I just want to say that that's a very informative and historically fascinating post. It shines a new light on the little guys :) -- Pawel (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) The ancient "Britons" are Celts. The Romans simply conquered them - they didn't displace them with newcomers. (...) Vikings didn't use standard heraldry (unless you want to count the Normans, who were housebroken Vikings). They used round (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) Thanks Pawel! And I just wanted to reinforce to others that LEGO castle doesn't *need* to fit into any sort of geo or time-dependent criteria. Personally, it helps me to put historical facts to the medieval LEGO models and kingdoms I build. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) I will enthuiastically agree...Thanks for the contextual information...I have never been able to put my finger on the chronology...this analysis is very interesting/thoughtful. (...) I don't really follow the historical context...I guess my (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) You are correct, when Rome invaded Britain in 55BC, they faced off against the Britons (Celts). I meant to say that the Britons (in 400AD under Roman Rule) were faced with the *Scots* in the North and the Saxons on the East. Eventually, after (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) The Romans simply left (So long and thanks for all the fish) leaving the Britons on their own. The Britons didn't so much gain independence as have it thrust upon them. (...) As I said, Vikings didn't use standard heradry. (...) This would be (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: DALU (Imitation LEGO)

Oh man!! I realize that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but this is ridiculous!! That Dalu is such a blatant rip-off of LEGO® (check out their logo!!) that it appears as if it were a spoof! I can't believe that there are people in this (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Nationalities of Themes - long post

(...) Vikings weren't Normans until they settled in Normandy. It wasn't until @800 AD the Vikings truly started testing and attacking the Frankish borders. By @900AD the Vikings started to colonize northern France and it soon became Normandy. Before (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: DALU (Imitation LEGO)

No offense tho whomever own the webpage: But: I think the logo appears to nice, with the blending red colored logo. All objects on the picture have "fuzzy" edges, next to another color, but not the red logo... I think it's fake. Or: A seriuos (...) (24 years ago, 2-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact