 Castle / 580
Re: New Castle Idea
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 06:01:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bill Jackson writes:
Set ideas?  Here's a few:
Mordor Swamps
Ancalagon the Black
Gandalf's Failure
Rivendell
Attack of the Barrow Wight
Siege of Isengard
Battle of Helm's Deep

Your ideas are excellent! My only change would be to substitute Smaug for
Ancalagon.

How about Bag End? A big, rounded green hill with windows and doors sticking
out. Comes with Bilbo and Frodo.

The Prancing Pony: A medieval-looking inn with a stable and a  hobbit-style
wing built into a hill. Brown low slopes to simulate a thatch roof. Comes with
Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry, Aragorn (as Strider) and a couple other "big
people" and dwarves.

Lothlorien: High trees built out of brown pieces (with yellow vegetation!),
with platforms around the trunks. Comes with the Elven king and queen of
Lothlorien (whose names I can't remember), and some other elves.

More pieces: pipes for the hobbits and Gandalf; a wizard staff that could
double as a torch; short, pointy daggers (like Sting);"oliphaunts" for the
Haradrim to ride.