 Castle / 5305 (+20)
  Re: Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???

(...) <snip> (...) Yeah, probably... there was a discussion about it earlier this year, but it never showed up. Too bad... :-( As for black treasure chests - they appeared in the desert Adventurers' line. -Shiri (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) I'm not much in favor of a Disney theme per se, but if a contract with an outside source can bring about some higher quality standards (e.g., SW), then I'm all for it. Give me a Disney non-juniorized set, and I'll pick out the goofy[1] bits & (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) books (...) Let me guess what your thinkin', POKEMON!!!! YUK!!!!! The Star Wars was my respect for Lego sinking, Harry Potter is it sinking even more, Pokemon is the ultimate low. I'm sorry to use a revamped cinema cliche, but, "If TLG builds (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) :-, I discovered that I actually like Pokemon. The Game Boy game is pretty fun, and my wife and I (and a few co-workers) already have a list of our faves. (1) Pokemon Stadium is a blast. I wouldn't mind a few Pokemon Lego thingies, if they're (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Ritvik/Mega Blox has the Pokemon license for building bricks. They seem to be using it to produce 'mosaics' of Pikachu and other Pokemon rather than minifig-style sets. J (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Luckily for you Ritvik already has (or had...not sure which) the license for Pokemon. Regarding the Harry Potter line, I'll be interested in seeing how adaptable the sets will be to a town layout, as we all know that there haven't been any (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

XP .castle (...) True. I'm not completely happy about the trend of licensing, but the SW sets were better than the rest of the system sets (like Eric mentioned) and brought a lot of great new pieces, many of them multiple uses. (...) Sorry, gotta (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Another Kinght's Kingdom Set???

(...) a (...) Actually, 6716 was available in 1996 (around Christmas) as part of a special bonus pack. Besides the wagon, the pack contained a 6755 Sheriff's lock-up and a 6712 Sheriff's showdown. It sold for 49.99 Can$ (about 35$ US). So, it is (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Aye, there's pieces in the SW line that I'd been wishing for ever since I can remember, both new pieces and old pieces in new colors. And the minifigs are the best I've seen yet; especially the face design. I hope that they continue this (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blood Stone Castle parsed!

(...) I think 'Caer' was a Gaelic word for castle. I can't find any proof for that beyond the great number of castles named Caer <something>, though. (In addition, two of my favorite series of children's books had 'Caer' castles in them. The (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Musical advice - kinda OT, kinda not

(...) I'm with Scott on the soundtracks. These work for me: Gladiator (Hans Zimmer w/ Lisa Gerrard) (have I seen this movie enough times?) Spartacus (Alex North) A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to The Forum (Sondheim; new recording with Nathan (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Musical advice - kinda OT, kinda not

(...) I agree that the lyrics can be distracting sometimes (especially Nine Inch Nails)...depends on my mood. (...) Flight of the valkyries?....oh my....lol (...) I couldn't remember the composer but I also pop the movie in whle I am sorting or (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) Outside ideas would be one thing, but I hope they don't go hog wild with the actual licensing trend. On the one hand, I love the SW line being a SW fanatic. On the other, if that special interest didn't overlap then I wouldn't pay it as much (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  ninja

Can someone please help me with Ninja information. Who are the characters? are they named? What affiliation do they or don't they have? This info is not clear from the sets and prromo material. Maybe this would have helped the system to flourish? (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Musical advice - kinda OT, kinda not

(...) My current picks include: - Clannad and Celtic in general; - Sarah McLachlan; - Loreena McKennitt; - Some Classical; - Various Final Fantasy CDs by Nobuo Uematsu, especially Final Fantasy Symphonic Suite, Pray, and Final Fantasy IV Celtic (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Musical advice - kinda OT, kinda not

(...) great topic, eric, and not "off" at all! music and lego castle building go hand in hand in my mind. i'll load specific cds in the stereo to build by. for my last castle, the wizard gregor's tower, i listened to loreena mc-kennit("the mask & (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Musical advice - kinda OT, kinda not

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes: <snip> (...) Hey, yo, whoa - don't let me take the credit here... that was totally your idea, I just had to use it because my stories were directly influenced by certain songs... (...) Definitely!! (...) (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Musical advice - kinda OT, kinda not

To All, Hmm.. well, I guess I should list some of my favorite tunes for LEGO (Building, sorting, filling orders, etc.) 1) Metal Gear Solid - I love this CD, excellent mood music 2) Starship Troopers - (I know, but Klendathu Drop is excellent for (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ninja

(...) complex question.... MY personal factions are quite different than TLG'S version though...I generally don't subscribe to any Lego portrayal of good and bad... Lego's apparent scheme: (basically ugly faces are bad and serious but distinguished (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter Lego Line

(...) AMEN TO THAT! The WOT (Wheel Of Time) books are IMHO the best fantasy literature out there, The lord of the rings trilogy comes pretty close but it just doesn't have the vivid descriptions that are characteristic of WOT books. (Some of the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact