 Castle / 4933
Re: Bulk castle parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:52:25 GMT

Jeff Johnston wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Heck no - I'd rather have bricks than pre-fab too.  The only kind of
walls I'd really think about ordering would be the quarter-octagon ones
(both large and small), because you can't do that well with bricks.  If
I want a window I'll use an arch.

No arguments here with anyone, but I would make a small plea for printed walls
(i.e. tudor, pirate arch brick patterns, dark grey on grey rock patterns, grey
on black rock patterns, etc.) -- these are appealing for a variety of reasons
having nothing to do with juniorization and everything to do with decorative
options.

Yeah, I know what you mean there.  The 'rock pattern' walls are pretty
nice.

I wonder...a lot of people don't like stickers because they're so
permanent, but does anybody remember Colorforms?  They were a sort of
thick plastic 'sticker' that you could put onto a special background and
they would cling there - but they were easy to peel off and reusable
(since they didn't use glue or anything - was it static electricity that
made them work?)

Does anybody know if Colorforms stick to LEGO?  Can you get the substance
that they're made out of anywhere?  Could you, say, run it through a
printer?  Removable and reusable stickers...mmmm.  I'd go for that.

I think that they probably would. I had some Lego knockoff bricks (Tyco
I think) and those actually came with similar things to colorforms to
stick on the bricks.

Tim