 Castle / 4555
  Re: What do peasants carry around in your town?

(...) Only gripe I've got with a bow and arrow is that there's always an arrow nocked and drawn. Peasants may have known how to use a bow and arrow, but they generally didn't wander through town with an arrow ready to let fly. :) I'd like to see (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What do peasants carry around in your town?

(...) Well, they're easier to make than a crossbow, certainly - and cheaper. Crossbows are probably easier to hit things with, but they're big and heavy and not something you'd want to carry around all day. (...) True. On the other hand, I regard (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What do peasants carry around in your town?

(...) The Mega Bloks Viking armor has a little ring which acts as a sheath. (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What do peasants carry around in your town?

(...) Actually, I believe the accuracy of longbows is much greater than that of crossbows. Crossbows are kind of crude and brute force - no finesse. However, because they have much more force (the bolts are heavy), they are used to penetrate armour. (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What do peasants carry around in your town?

(...) I'm just wondering why a villager would carry around a crossbow? First, they're way out their price range, and second, they're too complicated. A bow is pretty easy to make, and is free. Crossbows were pretty much used in the military. Jeff is (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What do peasants carry around in your town?

(...) Whoops, i mean Chris is right , a longbow has much greater accuracy than a crossbow. (...) (24 years ago, 6-May-00, to lugnet.castle)