 Castle / 435 (+20)
  Re: Does 5808 The Fairy Castle, qualify as castle

(...) Such as? Which parts would be usefull for us regular castle builders? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Regarding the unifficial parts can people who have them please send them to me? I am going to make a package containing all the unofficial castle parts I have and any I get sent so that everybody is using the same version (if there is more (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Does 5808 The Fairy Castle, qualify as castle

(...) well it might depend on what sort of castle your are building, but if it was a chateau style as opposed to a middle ages grey, defensive fortress style, then I could see using some of the elements like the pillars, the green base for a formal (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Does 5808 The Fairy Castle, qualify as castle

(...) the accessories are the greatest for castle fans! i've used the princess crowns on mini-figs, as well as the great selection of multi-coloured trans wands. the apples and carrots and other food items mean my castle inhabitants won't starve, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) That you insist on? How about we all AGREE to some rules? After all, this isn't just YOUR project, right? (...) I don't think this is valid at all. One good thing that could come out of this is showing off just what we _could_ do if we could (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) Sorry for being rude. I should have said that they are suggestions. (...) o.k. then forget that one then. (...) i am not entirly sure why i put the comments in... (...) nope. I am not. I am just going to make a gatehouse, that's all. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  In need of RK and Crusaders

Hey, I'm looking for some old Crusaders figures and some Royal Knights figures. I am planning on making a very large castle and I need enough troops to put in it. DOes anyone know where I can get these figs? How much is the average price they sell (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Lego Books

I picked up a limp-backed book at a second-hand stall last weekend. The Robber Baron - the first in a ? series called Castle Kids, published by LEGO It has a great model castle as the locale for the story. Does anyone know of others in the series ? (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

Hi Jonathan, (...) avalable Why not simply put them into the MPD, too. So you get them in all cases. (...) OK, I will take a look at some clouds and hills for POV, in the meantime. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

What are MPDs? I've build a peasent hut in LeoCad. Exactally what do I do with it to get into CastleDatville? (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Different Idea over CastleDastville

(...) What I meant is that when you post your model to lugnet, make sure that the unofficial parts are included in the MPD or whatever. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) <soapbox> Mike, shame on you... First of all, Thad only wrote that the new sets looked "very skimpy" compared to the Ninja sets...that just means smaller or less substantive, it doesn't necessarily mean that Thad likes Ninja sets better than (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) OK, he also wrote that he was hoping for another year of Ninja, but maybe that was because he either liked Ninja (which I would argue is "OK" :-) or because he felt that recent themes like Fright Knights, Dark Forest, and Royal Knights had (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) what was wrong with Royal Knights? KL (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) This is what I responded to. It appears that this person refers Ninja to more traditional Castle subthemes. I still maintain the Ninja subtheme sucks. I don't see how anyone could prefer it to real Castle stuff. (...) Maybe. (...) I didn't (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Ok, so you see I wasn't necessarily (or at all, in fact) responding to the alleged "skimpiness" of the new sets. Cool. Give me basic gray bricks, castle walls, and pitchforks and I'll be happy. I'd agree with anyone who felt that FK, DF, and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Not alot, really. It was the current theme when I came out of my Dark Ages, and I think it's the best of the last 4 subthemes. That doesn't mean it was as good as some of the earlier subthemes, but it was good. (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I didn't even say that it was a pale imitation of glory-year sets. I said Thad -might- have felt that it was. Just speculation. Me, I'm a Space head, and I hate all Castle stuff anyway, except for (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Well, see, that's your opinion, and that's fine. But when other opinions differ, that doesn't make someone a doofus, right? Whenever I find myself going "oh gawd" about anyone who's excited by UFO, Exploriens, or Insectoids, I remind myself (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) It would appear that way, at least partially. He may also be comparing it only to the mid- to late-90's Castle sets and not to the glory days mid-80's sets...? (...) I don't see how anyone could prefer Pepsi to Coke. I don't see how anyone (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact