 Castle / 3633
Re: Future Themes for Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 01:01:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Aaron West wrote in message ...
Hello all,
I am a big fan of LEGO and Castle series.  The sets that LEGO has come out
with based on historical settings has been awesome over the years.  So far • the
Castle line has not explored one very important historical period:  The • Roman
Empire.  The whole Castle line recently went to the Far East for • inspiration
(assuming that the Theme was Eurocentric) and did a fair job.  I would • think
that the Roman Empire would be a sure bet for the company, and could sort • of
exist around the *very* popular Adventurerer series, and parents would love
it.  Just think of the Roman Navy, Army, Citadels and a Roman Villa and
Marketplace and Centurians (let your imagination run wild now).  Having • said
all this I realize that it is out of timeframe for most of the Euro-Castle
line, but so was the Ninja series.  And Fright Knights were pure fantasy. • Why
not go back to the Roman world, cut out the Junior set construction and • teach
children a little about world history in the process?  This probably would • not
be considered seriously by LEGO for at least five years from now, what with
the commitment to more Euro-Castle stuff that just started for 2000.  What • do
other people think?

Well, if Lego Inc. is going to continue targeting younger audiences with
bigger pieces, milder sub-themes, etc. then here's my idea which is
basically an expansion of another idea thought up: Giants vs. Knights.

It would be very easy to do I guess, and quite frankly I think it could
appeal to both young and old.

If the "Giants" were built kinda' like a Dragon -with different colors- then
that would just be the best thing in the world <g>... There could be one
generic weapon/staff (?) that fits in the hands of regular figs too.

Sets could range from caves built to house the Giants (Using BURPS & bricks,
or both) to castles designed to fend them off. Plus all sorts of siege
weaponry is a possibility.

[...]

Just an idea.