 Castle / 3601
Re: Future Themes for Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 17:08:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
Hello all,
I am a big fan of LEGO and Castle series.  The sets that LEGO has come out
with based on historical settings has been awesome over the years.  So far the
Castle line has not explored one very important historical period:  The Roman
Empire.

Actually, there's a *lot* of important periods and areas that Castle
hasn't visited.

Ancient Greece - The Trojan War!  Hoplites!  Odysseus' boat! Yet another
excuse to use the 'dragon helms'! (like they need one...but maybe they'd
be in a different color this time?  The color we've seen for C3PO wouldn't
be bad for bronze helmets, and maybe they could do removable armor
again...)  And if you wanted to, you could get in the Greek myths for
years worth of set ideas (although I think 'Leda and the Swan' should be
left out, along with most of Zeus' other exploits...)  A Minotaur!  A
hydra! The Nemean lion!

Arabian Nights - An answer to the Crusaders! Sultans, Grand Visiers, a
bazaar, a genie cave, the Sultan's palace, camels, a princess, an
oasis...cool construction with those onion-dome minarets...oh yeah!
Sindbad's ship would be an excellent idea too!

Vikings - OK, there were a couple of viking-type sets, but any excuse to
get more boats is a good one!

China - there is so much history it's hard to know where to start!

Although, after saying all that, I still dearly love the European Castle
stuff.  I wish they'd bring back the removable armor - I bought so many
copies of Samurai Swordsman because of that.  If a Black Knight-type set
became available again I'd certainly do the same.