 Castle / 3606
Re: Future Themes for Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 21:11:47 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
Hello all,
I am a big fan of LEGO and Castle series.  The sets that LEGO has come out
with based on historical settings has been awesome over the years.  So far the
Castle line has not explored one very important historical period:  The Roman
Empire.  The whole Castle line recently went to the Far East for inspiration
(assuming that the Theme was Eurocentric) and did a fair job.  I would think
that the Roman Empire would be a sure bet for the company, and could sort of
exist around the *very* popular Adventurerer series, and parents would love
it.  Just think of the Roman Navy, Army, Citadels and a Roman Villa and
Marketplace and Centurians (let your imagination run wild now).  Having said
all this I realize that it is out of timeframe for most of the Euro-Castle
line, but so was the Ninja series.  And Fright Knights were pure fantasy.  Why
not go back to the Roman world, cut out the Junior set construction and teach
children a little about world history in the process?  This probably would not
be considered seriously by LEGO for at least five years from now, what with
the commitment to more Euro-Castle stuff that just started for 2000.  What do
other people think?
Love to hear some comments.
maniac@vol.com
Aaron

Seeing how Lego has mimiced or coat-tailed on recent TV and movie
phenomina...I would think that there would be much interest and new set
offerings similar to Lord of the Rings...

Since they are filming all three L'O'R movies currently, Fright Knights may
rear it's ugly head in a new form, OR Lego could do it right and come up w/
some great fantasy creations( I won't hold my breath on that though)

Now that Lego has done the Jar-Jar thing, how hard would it be to make
trolls, orcs and elves... they could bring back the age of wizards easily
without having to design new parts...if they punched up the image designs,
the Technic figs could be converted to Giants easily...they already seem to
be testing the combination of various scale figs in those Belville sets...

I agree w/ many of the themes propsed by others...

I was building roman chariots and aqueducts when the only figs I had were
bendy arms from the old Moon Landig set...

I am saddened by the demise of the Ninja theme ( I may be the only one = )
but many of the elements would be great to bring back as a Mongol horde,
Ch'in or yuan Dynasty theme.

I would love to see a geat crossover era theme of Castle and Pirate (Post
Crusades/Dark Ages early Renaissance) when the European explorerers were
travelling the world...Marco Polo et al.

I think a Sinbad theme would succeed combining folklore and historical
elements...not to mentio all of the cultures that could be sub themes...

well time to stop dreaming and get back to building...one dream at a
time....must focus....