 Castle / 3469
3468  |  3470
Subject:
Castle Jr. pros/cons (Re: What sucks)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:40:57 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ravi Mohan writes:
In lugnet.castle, Nan Zhou writes:
The new lego knights kingdom sub-theme (rather sub-themes, we have the
knights and the bull raiders) is absolute crap. • --snip--
I think that without the figures, the lego
castles of the Y2K era have become souless, meaningless structures.

Well my friend i have a solution-DON'T BUILD SETS AS TEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE
BUILT-it was this realisation which really stopped juniorisation from
gettionnfto me

i'm going to agree and disagree with this.

the whole negative thing toward jr. is that the parts LIMIT the builder's
possibilities.  take five 1x6x1 bricks versus one 1x6x5 wall element.  between
the two which will provide you with more building variations?
now make the same comparison between a set with loads of basic bricks versus a
set with a few jr. elements.  perhaps this is over-simplifying things but it
sums up my complaints with the new castle sets.

BUT
a couple of weeks ago i noticed a 6332 command post central set (not a castle
set but works for my argument) at a clearance price of $30.00!  that set
originally came out with 271 pieces (lots of 'em jr.) at around $60.00.  i
wouldn't even have looked at the set at the original price but $30.00 is
reasonable.
shifting back to castle now, i won't pay the approximate retail price of $80.00
for the new king leo's castle but when it gets slashed down for clearance
(okay, i'll probably have to wait eighteen months or so for this) i'll probably
be there for it.

..joseph g