 Castle / 3431
Re: What sucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 03:43:33 GMT

Hi Nan,

In lugnet.castle, Nan Zhou writes:
The new lego knights kingdom sub-theme (rather sub-themes, we have the knights
and the bull raiders) is absolute crap.
                          ^^^^^^^^
I wouldn't neccessarily agree. There are some things I dislike about it, but
others that I do like.

Of all the good guy minifigs, we have
exactly one mounted non-king, minifig.

Actually there's another one. A brown mustached knight appears in the two
biggest sets.

The big $100 castle has only 8
minifigs.  Where are the days when every little castle set had loads of little
figures you could play with?

Loooong gone... 6090 had only 8 figs (not including skeleton and ghost) while
6097 had 6.

I think that without the figures, the lego
castles of the Y2K era have become souless, meaningless structures.  Though I
wasn't even born when the 375/6075 yellow castle went out of production, I
have looked through several pictures of it and though it seems crude, it is so
cool! There are four different forces of knights, 8 defenders and three sets
of 2 raiders each.

Well... the YC is a different league...
Try comparing 6091 to the relatively newer castles.
I don't love the design of 6091, but it's not awful as some. It has it's good
sides, like every set (practically). The minifigs are EXCELLENT and some of
the towers were really cool, IMO. There were lots of special pieces and cool
accessoris. Sure, the total structure looked bad... but so did 6097's... ;-)
But 6097, for example, is a great set for parts. 6090, OTOH, was an excellent
set (my all-time favorite) with lots of goodies, which I'd take over any of
those two in a sec. But what can we do, TLC is decreasing in quality. Therew's
no doubt at that.

I mean, the Knights kingdom castle has two bull raiders, a
cannon, two crossbowmen, a king, queen, and princess.  I mean, this sucks.

Actually, I happen to like all the mentioned above. There's also a catapult
and basic instructions to built alternative models (The first system theme to
have these!). One of the 'crossbowmen' that you mentioned is a swordsmen IIRC
and the princess is THE best TLC fig I've ever seen.

No
wonder I never got interested in castle.  All the good sets went OOP before I
was born.

:-) Maybe... I'm not too much older than you but I still got interested in
castle... it's probably just your personal prefrences.

-Shiri

PS. most people would appreciate it if you won't use foul language. This is a
family newsgroup, young kids read it too. It's also against the T&C.