 Castle / 3451
Re: What sucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:42:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nan Zhou writes:
The new lego knights kingdom sub-theme (rather sub-themes, we have the knights
and the bull raiders) is absolute crap.  Of all the good guy minifigs, we have
exactly one mounted non-king, minifig.  The big $100 castle has only 8
minifigs.  Where are the days when every little castle set had loads of little
figures you could play with?  I think that without the figures, the lego
castles of the Y2K era have become souless, meaningless structures.  Though I
wasn't even born when the 375/6075 yellow castle went out of production, I
have looked through several pictures of it and though it seems crude, it is so
cool!  There are four different forces of knights, 8 defenders and three sets
of 2 raiders each.  I mean, the Knights kingdom castle has two bull raiders, a
cannon, two crossbowmen, a king, queen, and princess.  I mean, this sucks.  No
wonder I never got interested in castle.  All the good sets went OOP before I
was born.

You can always just box up your c*** and send it to me. (I pay all the shipping
and avoid an extra garbage bag on the curb in front of your house) I am
thankful that Lego still does castle.  You we probably too young to remember,
but Lego pondered not doing Castle anymore.  Just look at the pirate theme.

My 199th and 200th castle set are in route and I am just getting started.  I
enjoy the theme and make the best of less than outstanding sets.  Have
subthemes fight other subthemes that is what most of us do.

Don't forget that these are toys afterall.  Probably ment for kids about five
or ten years younger than you.

respectfully
don