 Castle / 3227
Re: I used to be a castle person, but I DEFECTED to town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:30:30 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brad Hamilton writes:
Back when I was about 12-14, I was highly into the castle stuff.

I still like castle (and read this group), but I primarily like town stuff
these days.  In my current LEGO city, only about 15% is castle (actually
just one big castle) and 85% town (well, city).

Strangely enough, when I was about 8-12, I was more into technic.

So, I went technic->castle->town.

Has anyone else had subject area shifts like this?

  i think my favorite theme is "when themes collide" or when i'm able to
build something that's not really a theme. i like them all, but if i had to
pick a fave it would be castle.

  i have a couple of town theme projects and space theme constructions in
the works as well. my town construction revolves around a hall of justice
for my lego justice league, using insectoids and stingrays as the villains.
the space stuff is "alien" and buck rogers/ futur-ama inspired.

  i focused on pirates and islanders six years ago when my lego renaissance
started. fright knights and dark forest brought me into castle. (i've never
been wild about royal knights.)  since being on the internet, i've been able
to fill in my classic forest and dragon master collection rather nicely.
these days, castle dominates, but i'm glad to have pieces from all the
various other themes to bild with.

   later ~ craig~