 Castle / 3220
Re: I used to be a castle person, but I DEFECTED to town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:08:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brad Hamilton writes:
Back when I was about 12-14, I was highly into the castle stuff.

I still like castle (and read this group), but I primarily like town stuff
these days.  In my current LEGO city, only about 15% is castle (actually
just one big castle) and 85% town (well, city).

Strangely enough, when I was about 8-12, I was more into technic.

So, I went technic->castle->town.

Has anyone else had subject area shifts like this?

Yes to some extent.  I think my progression went something like this.

Basic-town-Classic Space-Technic-Star Wars-Castle

Early to Mid 70's was just Basic and some Town.  Then I went hard core into
Classic Space and stayed with it from when it first came out until the late
80's when I entered my darkage.  Near the end of the 80's I also got into
technic.  Then I had my Darkage from the late 80's until 1999 then the Star
Wars sets came out and that got me back.  Since then I have dabled in Town and
Space but I think I have found a home with Castle (Although my stuff is more
Medieval Town then it is Castle).

I expect over time I will have some more shifts and I will continue to buy all
the Star Wars sets and because Classic Space was such a large part of my LEGO
experiance I am sure I will go back to it from time to time.

At current though I am kicking myself for not being into castle when I was
little.  I have been making trades to at least get some of the figs I missed
out on.  That is really all I care about because I don't care alot about the
models and with all my own MOC's I just don't have room to display them anyway.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

View My Creations at: