 Castle / 3210
  I used to be a castle person, but I DEFECTED to town

Back when I was about 12-14, I was highly into the castle stuff. I still like castle (and read this group), but I primarily like town stuff these days. In my current LEGO city, only about 15% is castle (actually just one big castle) and 85% town (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I used to be a castle person, but I DEFECTED to town

(...) Yep. I was an all-around lego lover at ages 5-12, no favorite theme. But I felt I should migrate to technic after 12 for some reason... we had a lego- logo class using dacta stuff and I loved it. So after one small techie set I bought a really (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I used to be a castle person, but I DEFECTED to town

(...) Start with the minifig ... go with the theme;) Verneer has both a space and a castle version, and whatever is necessary for him becomes "in" for the time. (Castle or Space). I am too much of a minifig person though, so I am very biased;) -- pn (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I used to be a castle person, but I DEFECTED to town

(...) I'm currently going through it... i guess i'm in the castle->train->town->i'm lost phase... I want to pick a theme now to concentrate on, but I'm coming up with nothing... (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I used to be a castle person, but I DEFECTED to town

(...) OH MY GOD-so Does my sig fig helix wolf-the space guy just ditches his UFOStyle armour and dons one of those firemen's airtanks with his fedora(Space Helix wolf is an indy fan but thats another story)to go to space ravi (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

Brad Hamilton wrote in message ... (...) Yeah. Castle & Town started me off. In 1988 (I think?) When the first four pirate sets came out, I went nuts - got them all - doubles, triples, and quadruples of all but "Black Sea Baracuda" (The number (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I used to be a castle person, but I DEFECTED to town

(...) Yes to some extent. I think my progression went something like this. Basic-town-Classic Space-Technic-Star Wars-Castle Early to Mid 70's was just Basic and some Town. Then I went hard core into Classic Space and stayed with it from when it (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I used to be a castle person, but I DEFECTED to town

(...) Yes, and it is quite normal. I tend to shift themes about 3-4 times a year. :) I will start making Town stuff, then head over to Castle, then take a brief dip in the Space pool, etc. :) Jeff, "Thallid Lord" ICQ #66153738 (URL) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I used to be a castle person, but I DEFECTED to town

(...) i think my favorite theme is "when themes collide" or when i'm able to build something that's not really a theme. i like them all, but if i had to pick a fave it would be castle. i have a couple of town theme projects and space theme (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)