 Castle / 287
Re: New Castle site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:12:15 GMT

- I like your idea of Aces, and noticed a few non-Castle pieces in their
design... but maybe a few more non-Castle *torsos* would make your Aces more
unique. I use many Star Wars, Pirate, Ninja, and other genres to mark my unique
characters, for my own storylines (which is why I call them Fantasy figures) -
my Forestmen leader has a Pirate top, white shirt with green vest, for example;
my Mage has a Ninja top, blue shirt with black vest and gold laces; Darth Maul
became a witch; and enough Magnetron torsoes can be kitted out with Castle
weapons and helmets to become an elite guard to a character whose name begins
with M (Morrack, in my own realm)!

You are right ... I will take some pictures of my "unique" figures and do a
little table/writeup about them.  Designing those guys alone is almost as fun
as
building structures (if not more fun for myself - I like to get lost in my
little lego world;).  But ... they still have to have some kind of environment
to work in, eh?  I designed one of the Deamons using Darth Maul's head ... and
another using Sting Rays's heads ... and the Mummy's.  Darth has wings - I'll
try to take some snaps of him this weekend.

- Any kind of modularity within your castle? The best castle I ever built was
completely enclosed, so you couldn't really see the interior detail - and I'm
betting that the insides of your buildings (especially the Cathedral, Inn, and
Barracks) are as detailed as the exteriors. Not that I'm telling you to start
all over again! But if you could rip a roof off here and there, take a snap,
and then replace it, that would be much appreciated...

Sure.  Here is a picture of what the barracks are like.  I'll show the insides
of the other two later:

http://members.xoom.com/verneer/barrack.html

I wrote up a little commentary with it.

Thanks for the comments Stu!